I Want To...
How do I enroll in the USW Industry 401(k) Plan?
You may request an enrollment packet (Enrollment Booklet and Summary Plan Description) from your employer. Please contact the Fund Office if your employer does not have any enrollment packets.
How do I access my account?
You may log into your account at www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k. You may also contact MassMutual Retirement Services via phone at 1-800-743-5274.
I have forgotten my MassMutual PIN?
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required to access your personal account information and to initiate any transactions. Please keep your PIN secure and should you forget your PIN, please follow the directions below to obtain a new one.
- To request a new PIN by phone call MassMutual Retirement Services at 1-800-743-5274. When prompted enter your Social Security Number. You will then be asked to enter your PIN. When prompted press the star key (*) on your phone key pad. You will then be asked a series of questions. By answering the security questions, the system will assign you a temporary PIN. You will then be prompted to change the temporary PIN to a 6 to 8 digit PIN the next time you log onto the system. Your most recent pay stub may help in answering the questions. If you are not able to answer the security questions, when prompted press the star key (*) on your phone key pad after each question. You will then be routed to a service representative who will assist you in obtaining a new PIN. Service Representatives are available Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 8:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- To request a new PIN online, go to www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k. Click on Forgot your PIN? Enter your Social Security Number and follow the prompts. If you experience any problems call MassMutual Retirement Services at 1-800-743-5274.
How do I request forms?
Request forms by contacting MassMutual Retirement Services by calling 1-800-743-5274.
How do I change my address?
To change your address, complete the change of address form or call the Fund Office at 1-800-251-4108.
If you are signing up for direct deposit, you can indicate your new address on the direct deposit form.
You must update the Fund Office of any address changes to prevent interruption in benefits.
How do I get a copy of the Summary Plan Description?
How do I increase/decrease my contribution rate?
The plan allows you to change your contribution rate at any time. Please check with your employer for any restrictions they may have on making contribution rate changes. You should send a completed Savings Contribution Rate Election form to your employer. The form is located under Documents.
Can I stop my contributions?
Yes. The plan allows you to stop your contributions at any time. You should send a completed Savings Contribution Rate Election form to your employer. Your employer will stop the deduction as soon as administratively possible. The form is located under Documents.
Can I rollover money from my prior employer's plan?
Yes. You may rollover pre-tax dollars from a prior employer. Existing participants should contact MassMutual Retirement Services for a Rollover Statement. New participants wishing to enroll in the USW Industry 401(k) Plan by processing a rollover may contact the Fund Office at 1-877-344-4015 to request an Enrollment booklet and Summary Plan Description.
How do I change my investment election?
All future contributions are allocated to your account based on the investment election on record when the contributions are received by MassMutual Retirement Services. You may change the investment election at any time by logging into your account at www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k. You may also contact MassMutual Retirement Services via phone at 1-800-743-5274.
How do I transfer funds in my existing account?
You may rebalance your existing account by logging into your account at www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k. You may also contact MassMutual Retirement Services via phone at 1-800-743-5274.
How do I obtain information about investment options?
You may request the following information about the Plan and its investment options from a customer service representative at MassMutual by calling 1-800-743-5274.
- A copy of any prospectuses, financial statements and reports, and of any other materials relating to the investment options, to the extent such information is provided to the Plan.
- A listing of each investment option’s assets and their values (or the proportion of the investment option which each asset comprises).
- A description of the annual operating expenses of each investment option that reduce the rate of return to participants and beneficiaries, and the aggregate amount of such expenses expressed as a percentage of average net assets of each investment option.
- The past and current investment performance of each investment option, determined, net of expenses, on a reasonable and consistent basis.
- The unit/share value of each investment option.
- The value of your current account balance in each investment option.
How do I initiate a loan?
You may initiate a loan by logging into your account at www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k or by calling MassMutual Retirement Services at 1-800-743-5274.
What is the minimum/maximum loan amount I may request?
The minimum loan amount you may request is $500.00. The maximum loan amount you may request the lesser of 50% of your vested account balance or $50,000 less the highest outstanding loan balance in the last 12 months.
What is the minimum/maximum period a loan may be requested?
A personal loan may be taken for a term of 1 year up to 5 years. A loan taken to purchase or build a primary residence may be taken for a term of 1 year to 15 years provided the proper documentation is submitted.
How do I repay a loan?
Loan repayments are made via payroll deductions by your employer. If your employer fails to take a deduction for your loan payment, you, the participant, are responsible to ensure payments are made and your loan remains in good standing.
You may repay the balance of your loan or submit a payment at any time by submitting a money order or cashier’s check to MassMutual Retirement Services. Personal checks are not accepted. The payment should be made payable to State Street FBO your name, last four digits of your SSN. Include the contract number of 60005 in either the payee line or the memo line. If you have more than one outstanding loan, please indicate which loan the payment is for so it may be properly applied. The payment should me mailed to:
MassMutual Retirement Services
PO Box 219062
Kansas City, MO 64121-9062
You may obtain the current payoff by logging into your account at www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k or by calling 1-800-743-5274.
What happens if I am off work and miss loan payments?
If you are on an approved leave of absence and have an outstanding loan balance, you may discontinue payments for up to one year, provided you are not receiving pay from your employer or is receiving pay less than the amount of the scheduled loan payment. Upon return to employment or suspension of loan repayments for one year, whichever is earlier, the loan repayments will be recalculated so that the entire loan balance is repaid within the period of the original loan term. You do have the option to submit a lump sum payment to make up for the missed payments. You may also submit catch up payments by doubling or tripling your payroll deductions. You will need to initiate this with your payroll and ensure payments are made within the cure period (see question 11 for definition) to prevent a loan default.
What should I do if I receive a delinquent loan letter or pending default letter?
If you receive a delinquent loan letter or a pending default letter, please contact MassMutual Retirement Services or the Fund Office immediately at the number listed on the letter to take corrective action to bring the loan back into good standing and prevent a loan default. A loan default is a deemed distribution and you are responsible for taxes and a possible early withdrawal penalty on the balance. A defaulted loan also prevents you from initiating a new loan on your 401(k) account. Failure to receive notification does not lessen your responsibility for your loan.
A loan will default the end of the quarter following the quarter in which a payment is missed. This period is known as the cure period.
How do I change the beneficiary listed on my account?
- If you are married, please complete a new Beneficiary Designation Form under Documents and return to MassMutual Retirement Services.
- If you are not married, you may update your beneficiary by logging into your account at www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k. If you do not have web access, please complete a new Beneficiary Designation Form and return to MassMutual Retirement Services.
- If your marital status is listed as unknown on your account, you will need to submit a completed Beneficiary Designation Form to MassMutual Retirement Services. Please submit the correct marital status to the Fund Office in writing to reflect properly on your account.
How do I change my marital status? What documentation is needed to make the change?
Please submit a copy of your marriage certificate or divorce decree to the Fund Office to change your marital status.
How do I change my name on my account?
Please submit a copy of your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal document that reflects the name change to the Fund Office.
The date of birth listed on my account is incorrect. How do I update it?
Please notify the Fund Office in writing of the correct date of birth.
The date of hire listed on my account is incorrect. How do I update?
Please notify the Fund Office in writing of the correct date of hire.
Can I make a withdrawal from my 401(k) account?
You may be eligible for an in-service withdrawal. Please refer to the Plan Document and your account for eligibility and additional information. You will need to contact MassMutual Retirement Services to process this transaction.
What happens if I terminate my employment with the participating employer?
If you terminate your employment, you may leave your balance in the account at MassMutual Retirement Services. You will now be responsible for the administrative account fee if your employer previously paid this amount. You will see a quarterly deduction on your statement for $12.50.
You also may have other options including, but not limited to a rollover distribution of the account and a lump sum payable to yourself. Please contact MassMutual Retirement Services for a distribution package and additional information. A distribution package will not be mailed until your termination date has been updated on your account at MassMutual Retirement Services. Once the Fund Office receives the termination date and final contributions from the employer, the information will be updated and transmitted to MassMutual Retirement Services.
How do I request a statement?
Account statements are generated on a quarterly basis. You may generate a statement on demand via the web at www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k. If you do not have internet access you may contact MassMutual at 1-800-743-5274 to request a statement on demand mailed to you. Please be sure to verify your mailing address. The statement on demand will not look like the quarterly statements, but will contain the same account information.
Homepage - Announcements
Welcome to the Fund Office!