The USW Industry 401(k) gives participants the tools to retire right. The 401(K) is an excellent retirement option to supplement pension plan benefits.
The USW Industry 401(k) Plan is sponsored by the USW International Union and by contributing employers and is available to members of USW local unions and other employee groups through negotiation with employers.
Participants may make voluntary contributions and direct how their money is invested. The 401(k) recordkeeping and investments are provided by MassMutual retirement services, where each participant may use an assortment of planning calculators and may access educational guides.
Highlights of the plan include the following:
- Employer contributions may be negotiated on behalf of all covered employees
- Elective Deferrals (before tax employee contributions) are made through payroll deduction
- Employer Matching contribution may be negotiated
- 100% vesting
- An array of professionally managed investment options
- Employees decide where they want to invest - not company
- Hardship distributions and loans
- Rollovers accepted from other plans
- Quarterly statements
- Web access to your account - www.massmutual.com/uswindustry401k
- Phone access to your account at 1-800-743-5274
If your employer is not participating in the USW Industry 401(k) Plan, talk with your USW representative to learn more about negotiating the plan into your contract.